W.D.Y.F.L. U14's knock out cup Bicester Town Colts Foxes 8 Carterton 2 Carterton came to Bicester full of confidence after two league wins on the bounce and took a 1-0 lead after only 6 minutes. This kick started the Foxes into gear. Colts Foxes were awarded a penalty in the 10th minute when a Carterton defender pushed down Nathan Litten in the box, Litten then got up and took the penalty with confidence, leaving the keeper glued to his line. Foxes then went 2-1 up on their next attack. A direct free kick was awarded half way in the Carterton half, wide on the left wing and Ben Crooks put the ball into the net straight from the kick.

It was only another minute later that it was 3-1 to the team from Bicester after Charlie Bateman, who was playing in a different role of Centre half due to two defenders missing for this game, ran through with the ball past several Carterton players and then toe poking the ball in from 20 yards out. The remaining 23 minutes of the first half saw plenty of chances created but no finishing touch.

The Foxes were fired up for the second half and only had to wait two minutes for their next goal when Joe Swadling scored a fine individual effort after a dummy, turn and shot from 35-40 yards out which the Carterton keeper failed to save. Nathan Litten then got his second goal of the game making it 5-1 after 41 minutes, getting the final touch from a Joel Reynolds cross after another fast run down the right wing by Reynolds from a Swadling pass. Colts then made it 6-1 on the 45th minute when Nathan Litten put a Rory Delap style throw into the danger zone, Joe Swadling headed the ball into the path of Connor Mellor who showed sharp control turning his marker and drilling the ball into the net. It was not until the last three minutes of the game that any more goals were scored, but it was well worth the wait. Bicester took a quick short free kick on the edge of their own 18 yard box after a Carterton off side, and passed the ball from one end of the pitch to the other and Sean Hunter played the ball onto George Thornton wide on the left wing, Thornton then strolled past one defender and cut into the box firing the ball into the far bottom corner of the net. What a team goal that was, but to Carterton's credit they did not give up and played some passing football that was rewarded with just over a minute left on the clock when a 20 yard shot went into the top corner of the Colts' net. The Foxes had the final word on the game when Connor Mellor scored his second when a corner was floated into the box and Mellor climbed above all the players and headed the ball into the net Cranes LTD Man of the Match went to Connor Mellor for his continued work effort, commitment and two goals Player of the Week went to Ben Crooks for yet another solid performance at the heart of defence, his goal and work effort at training Bicester Town Colts Foxes now have to travel to Hook Norton on the 29th January for the Quarter final against the "A" league side Photo's attached of Nathan Litten and Connor Mellor 2 goals each, Based on information supplied by Pete Litten.