A proclamation from the Queen & Parliamentary writs have been delivered to CDC ordering a general election be held pic.twitter.com/muCAYDR48M— Cherwell Council (@Cherwellcouncil) March 31, 2015
- The severe wind warning for Oxfordshire has been removed by the Met Office
Incident A34 Abingdon to Oxford: services diverting via old Oxford Road to Hinksey Hill Top towards Oxford. Sorry for any inconvenience.— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) March 31, 2015
Sean O'Reilly sent in this picture of a fallen tree along the towpath near Jericho this morning
Reports the A4095 Oxford Road in Kirtlington is back open after the earlier crash
Service suspended on Chiltern Railway between Aylesbury and Marylebone due to obstruction on the line. A fallen tree between Amersham and Moor Park is causing the suspension of the service until further notice.
Further updates on the roads
- A4260 Oxford Road, Adderbury: Closed both ways due to fallen tree near Berry Hill Road
- A338 Hungerford Hill, Great Shefford: Closed both ways due to fallen tree
- Edmunds Road, Banbury: Blocked due to fallen tree
Good morning. Bit of a blowy one overnight but just checked the forecast and things are slightly better.
We are still on a severe weather warning for wind but the worst of the gusts has been downgraded from the 50mph mark this afternoon to 44mph.
We've already got reports of roads partially blocked due to fallen trees. Here's what we've got:
- A420 Park End Street, Oxford: Fencing blown over in the road. Approach with care
- A4095 Oxford Road, Kirtlington: Road blocked due to fallen tree and accident, a motorcycle involved
- A4260 Oxford Road, Steeple Aston: Partially blocked due to fallen tree