LONDON Welsh head coach Justin Burnell says new performance analyst Richard Tonkin will be hugely beneficial to the club.
Tonkin, who replaces Jon Shelbourne, joins the Exiles after three seasons with Wasps, and has also worked with the South Africa women’s sevens team.
“It’s great to have Richard on board; he’s fitted in remarkably well in a short space of time,” said Burnell.
“He’s already done some excellent research and he’s got a good understanding of what we’re looking for.
“He’s spent the last couple of seasons at Wasps so he’s obviously got a great understanding of the Aviva Premiership and I’ve no doubt that his knowledge will be hugely beneficial in helping us compete next season.”
Tonkin said: “It's exciting; it’s a close-knit team here and the new guys seem to be settling in well, and complementing the guys that were already here.
“I’m really looking forward to the new season.”
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United