LONDON Welsh head coach Justin Burnell says new performance analyst Richard Tonkin will be hugely beneficial to the club.
Tonkin, who replaces Jon Shelbourne, joins the Exiles after three seasons with Wasps, and has also worked with the South Africa women’s sevens team.
“It’s great to have Richard on board; he’s fitted in remarkably well in a short space of time,” said Burnell.
“He’s already done some excellent research and he’s got a good understanding of what we’re looking for.
“He’s spent the last couple of seasons at Wasps so he’s obviously got a great understanding of the Aviva Premiership and I’ve no doubt that his knowledge will be hugely beneficial in helping us compete next season.”
Tonkin said: “It's exciting; it’s a close-knit team here and the new guys seem to be settling in well, and complementing the guys that were already here.
“I’m really looking forward to the new season.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United v Oldham Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A
- TABLE TENNIS: Chris Smith's epic victory give Forum victory over Vikings
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks