LONDON Welsh head coach Justin Burnell says new performance analyst Richard Tonkin will be hugely beneficial to the club.
Tonkin, who replaces Jon Shelbourne, joins the Exiles after three seasons with Wasps, and has also worked with the South Africa women’s sevens team.
“It’s great to have Richard on board; he’s fitted in remarkably well in a short space of time,” said Burnell.
“He’s already done some excellent research and he’s got a good understanding of what we’re looking for.
“He’s spent the last couple of seasons at Wasps so he’s obviously got a great understanding of the Aviva Premiership and I’ve no doubt that his knowledge will be hugely beneficial in helping us compete next season.”
Tonkin said: “It's exciting; it’s a close-knit team here and the new guys seem to be settling in well, and complementing the guys that were already here.
“I’m really looking forward to the new season.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- RUGBY UNION: Witney earn win despite Callum Godfrey dismissal
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough book Fred Ford Cup final spot in style with rousing victory over Carterton Town A
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United