LONDON Welsh head coach Justin Burnell says new performance analyst Richard Tonkin will be hugely beneficial to the club.
Tonkin, who replaces Jon Shelbourne, joins the Exiles after three seasons with Wasps, and has also worked with the South Africa women’s sevens team.
“It’s great to have Richard on board; he’s fitted in remarkably well in a short space of time,” said Burnell.
“He’s already done some excellent research and he’s got a good understanding of what we’re looking for.
“He’s spent the last couple of seasons at Wasps so he’s obviously got a great understanding of the Aviva Premiership and I’ve no doubt that his knowledge will be hugely beneficial in helping us compete next season.”
Tonkin said: “It's exciting; it’s a close-knit team here and the new guys seem to be settling in well, and complementing the guys that were already here.
“I’m really looking forward to the new season.”
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory