LONDON Welsh head coach Justin Burnell says new performance analyst Richard Tonkin will be hugely beneficial to the club.
Tonkin, who replaces Jon Shelbourne, joins the Exiles after three seasons with Wasps, and has also worked with the South Africa women’s sevens team.
“It’s great to have Richard on board; he’s fitted in remarkably well in a short space of time,” said Burnell.
“He’s already done some excellent research and he’s got a good understanding of what we’re looking for.
“He’s spent the last couple of seasons at Wasps so he’s obviously got a great understanding of the Aviva Premiership and I’ve no doubt that his knowledge will be hugely beneficial in helping us compete next season.”
Tonkin said: “It's exciting; it’s a close-knit team here and the new guys seem to be settling in well, and complementing the guys that were already here.
“I’m really looking forward to the new season.”
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands