OXFORD RL expect a stern test when in-form Gateshead Thunder visit on Sunday.
Tony Benson’s side slipped into the bottom three following a 32-12 defeat at Kingstone Press Championship One leaders Hunslet Hawks last weekend.
The visitors impressed in large parts of the game and led 12-6 at half-time, before falling away.
Bouncing back will be easier said than done, with Gateshead climbing the table after winning three of their last four games.
Benson, Oxford’s coach, said: “I’m gutted we didn’t win on Sunday as we put ourselves in a really good position to win the game.
“I’m proud of how the lads performed and we will be looking to put things right on Sunday.
“Gateshead have been on a good run of form and we know that it will be a difficult test for us.”
Valu Bentley (knee), Andrew Hoggins (knee), Sam Blaney (hip) and Jimmy Rowland (hamstring) are set for late fitness tests.
Chris Clarke (rib) definitely misses out, but Karl Temata should make his home debut.
Oxford RL squad: Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Briggs, Brooker, Connick, Crabtree, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hayles, Hoggins, S.Morris, Mulkeen, Osborn, Rowland, Rice, Sharratt, Temata, Thompson, Newton, Winfield.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships