OXFORD RL expect a stern test when in-form Gateshead Thunder visit on Sunday.
Tony Benson’s side slipped into the bottom three following a 32-12 defeat at Kingstone Press Championship One leaders Hunslet Hawks last weekend.
The visitors impressed in large parts of the game and led 12-6 at half-time, before falling away.
Bouncing back will be easier said than done, with Gateshead climbing the table after winning three of their last four games.
Benson, Oxford’s coach, said: “I’m gutted we didn’t win on Sunday as we put ourselves in a really good position to win the game.
“I’m proud of how the lads performed and we will be looking to put things right on Sunday.
“Gateshead have been on a good run of form and we know that it will be a difficult test for us.”
Valu Bentley (knee), Andrew Hoggins (knee), Sam Blaney (hip) and Jimmy Rowland (hamstring) are set for late fitness tests.
Chris Clarke (rib) definitely misses out, but Karl Temata should make his home debut.
Oxford RL squad: Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Briggs, Brooker, Connick, Crabtree, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hayles, Hoggins, S.Morris, Mulkeen, Osborn, Rowland, Rice, Sharratt, Temata, Thompson, Newton, Winfield.
Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton