JOHN Lundstram is in the running to be named as Sky Bet League Two’s player of the month for December.
The cultured midfielder played every minute of Oxford United’s four league games, scoring in the 3-0 win against Exeter City on Boxing Day.
He is the second U’s player in as many months to make the shortlist, following Johnny Mullins’s nomination in November.
Lundstram is up against Portsmouth midfielder Gareth Evans, Wycombe Wanderers full back Jason McCarthy and ex-United striker Matty Taylor, who is at Bristol Rovers.
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- Toni Martinez eyes West Ham first team after returning from Oxford United loan spell
- Former Oxford United loanee Toni Martinez praised by West Ham under 23 boss after scoring twice on return
- Five players to leave Oxford United - but club not ready to reveal futures of Chris Maguire and Chey Dunkley
The division’s manager of the month award is contested by Derek Adams (Plymouth Argyle), Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe), Darrell Clarke (Bristol Rovers) and Shaun Derry (Cambridge United).
The winners will be announced on Friday.