JOHN Lundstram is in the running to be named as Sky Bet League Two’s player of the month for December.
The cultured midfielder played every minute of Oxford United’s four league games, scoring in the 3-0 win against Exeter City on Boxing Day.
He is the second U’s player in as many months to make the shortlist, following Johnny Mullins’s nomination in November.
Lundstram is up against Portsmouth midfielder Gareth Evans, Wycombe Wanderers full back Jason McCarthy and ex-United striker Matty Taylor, who is at Bristol Rovers.
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Josh Ashby to stay at Oxford City for season after Oxford United agree extension
- Oxford United sell a third of their tickets before FA Cup opponents are confirmed
- Silly errors cost us dear, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
The division’s manager of the month award is contested by Derek Adams (Plymouth Argyle), Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe), Darrell Clarke (Bristol Rovers) and Shaun Derry (Cambridge United).
The winners will be announced on Friday.