JOHN Lundstram is in the running to be named as Sky Bet League Two’s player of the month for December.
The cultured midfielder played every minute of Oxford United’s four league games, scoring in the 3-0 win against Exeter City on Boxing Day.
He is the second U’s player in as many months to make the shortlist, following Johnny Mullins’s nomination in November.
Lundstram is up against Portsmouth midfielder Gareth Evans, Wycombe Wanderers full back Jason McCarthy and ex-United striker Matty Taylor, who is at Bristol Rovers.
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
The division’s manager of the month award is contested by Derek Adams (Plymouth Argyle), Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe), Darrell Clarke (Bristol Rovers) and Shaun Derry (Cambridge United).
The winners will be announced on Friday.