THE race to win the Division 1 championship goes on after leaders Crowmarsh Gifford stumbled to a 4-3 defeat at home to Long Wittenham Athletic, writes PHIL ANNETS.

Goals from Brad Davies, Matt Saunders, Andy Taylor and Andy Sutherland won the game for the mid-table visitors, bettering strikes from Andy Allum, Phil Hedges and Tim Holtom.

Second-placed Didcot Casuals were unable to take full advantage as they were held to a goalless draw at AFC Wallingford.

It leaves them three points behind Crowmarsh, who are still in charge with a game in hand.

Damian Dodds, Sam Patterson and Tommy Cooke were on target to keep Wootton & Dry Sandford’s mathematical title chances alive with a 3-1 home win over Harwell International.

Lee Chapman replied for the visitors.

Ben Eltham scored the only goal as Childrey United won 1-0 at Benson AFC.

A double from Ash Simmons and one from Shane McGowran guided East Hendred to a 3-0 win at Drayton.

There were four-goal hauls for players on both sides as Sutton Courtenay won 6-4 at Saxton Rovers Res in Division 2.

Tom Stanley’s efforts for the bottom club were matched by Steve Pitson, and the visitors claimed all three points with further strikes from Ryan Johnson and Ollie Wright.

Mark Nicholls scored twice as Hagbourne United won 3-2 at home to Faringdon Town Res in a Division 3 game which saw both sides finish with ten men.

Brian Kerry also scored for the hosts, while Troy Redman and Luke Barrett responded for Faringdon.

Blewbury lost 3-1 against Kintbury Rangers Res, for whom Andy Sturdivant, Tim Lynn and Rob Dennison netted.

Nathan Goddard struck the visitors’ consolation.

Sutton Courtenay Res were the big winners in Division 4 East, thrashing Blewbury Res 6-1.

Nick Ridge scored twice, while James Fletcher, Pawel Brodzinski, Adam McMahon and James Ivey were also on target.

Steve Belcher found the net for Blewbury.

A Sam Dallimore double and a Tim Slater strike gave Westminster a 3-1 home win over East Hendred Res, for whom Vinnie Cooper scored.