CHRIS Giles scored the only goal of the game as Freeland claimed a surprise win away to high-flying Hinksey, writes BRIAN KIRK.

The visitors defended doggedly to keep the Premier Division title contenders at bay and struck on the counter-attack to win 1-0, which prevented Hinksey going top of the table.

Third-placed Adderbury Park also slipped up at home, losing 3-2 to Oxford Irish.

A second half brace from John McMahon proved the difference, with Andrew McMahon also on target for the visitors. Gary Crook and Ashley Wingrove replied.

Struggling Horspath claimed a vital 2-1 win away at Stonesfield thanks to Elliott O’Brian and John Maskin strikes. Elliott Powell scored for the hosts.

Tom Payne scored twice to give Marston Saints a 2-1 win at Launton Sports.

Nick Allsworth pulled a goal back for the bottom side.

Joe Cook, Micheal Steers and Aaron Barrett were all on target as Garsington won 3-1 at Bletchingdon, for whom Danny Thomas registered.

Jamie Hodges scored a hat-trick as Eynsham won 6-1 at Northway in Division 1.

Paul Campbell (2) and Tom McCudden also notched, with Lewis Welby netting in reply.

A header from Adam Gilroy proved decisive as North Oxford won 4-3 at home to Kidlington Old Boys.

Stuart Mitchell, Micheal Hinkin and Kassim Abidal also scored for the hosts to edge past Kidlington, who netted through Dan Jones, Tony Skinner and Darren King.

Broughton & North Newington’s trip to Yarnton ended in a 3-3 draw.

Jay Johnson, Declan Witcher and Mark Harper scored for the home side, while Aaron Lowe, Steve Norman, Sam Grant replied for Broughton.

Martin Coates and Antony Davidson gave Charlton a 2-0 away win at Chadlington.

Otis Woodward scored twice as Riverside beat Long Crendon 3-0, with Damien Thomas also finding the net.

Enstone edged past Watlington 2-1, thanks to a Jack Eley double, which cancelled out Julion Pitts’ strike.

Garsington Reserves came from behind late on to beat OUP Reserves 4-3 in the Clarendon Cup semi-finals.

Garsington twice led through goals from Mark Windfield and Dan Frazer, which sandwiched Sean Dyer’s strike, but a Neil Lockhart double made it 3-2 to the underdogs at half-time.

Dan Smith made it 3-3, before Jason Condor’s speculative shot slipped through goalkeeper Andy Glass’ hands to give Garsington victory.

They will meet Oxford Irish Reserves in the final after they won 3-1 at Freeland Reserves.

Liam Parker, Ralph Jones and Darren Cuddy put the visitors in control, before Darius Hodeai pulled a goal back.


Div 2: Eynsham Res 2 (J Room, T Pickett), Bletchingdon Res 2 (W Jones, D Whiteman); Slade Farm Res 2 (C Macpherson, J West), Yarnton Res 1 (C Wealen).

Div 3: Charlton Utd Res 4 (T Sullivan 2, Ben Hookham 2), Enstone Res 1 (C Mullard); Kennington Utd Res 3 (S Dunham, R Dunham, D Croad), Horspath Res 0; Mid Cheney Res 3 (J Hart 3), Hinksey Res 2 (D Fitzsimmons, A Townsend).