OXFORD United striker Tyrone Marsh will spend the first half of the season on loan at non-league side Welling United.
The 20-year-old made just one start in all competitions for the U's last season and head coach Michael Appleton is keen to see him gain experience.
He said: "Ty is still young and this is the ideal opportunity for him to go and play regular football, score goals and show what he can do."
Marsh, who had a successful loan spell at Staines Town two seasons ago, joins up with the Wings on a youth loan until Christmas Eve, when he turns 21.
He is in line to make his debut for the Vanarama Conference side this Saturday, when Welling host AFC Telford United.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances