ENGLAND fan Darren Bungay is confident the Three Lions will still progress to the knockout stages.
Darren, 42, from Grove, allowed his 11-year-old son Richard, and his two school friends to stay up late for Saturday’s 11pm showdown with Italy, which ended in a 2-1 defeat.
He said: “I thought England played well but left themselves a little bit open at the back. I can see us beating both Uruguay and Costa Rica.
“My sister-in-law’s husband is Italian and they live in Australia so were were in touch all of Saturday night on Skype – but we didn’t speak much after the game.”
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year