RYAN Clarke has started his recovery from a foot injury after undergoing surgery.
The Oxford United goalkeeper went under the knife on Tuesday to correct a problem which affected him in the second half of last season.
After an appointment last month, a specialist recommended the 32-year-old needed an operation on his big right toe.
A return date is unclear at this stage, but it is feared Clarke could miss the opening month of next season.
Meanwhile, former Oxford United striker Alex Fisher will come up against his old club next season after signing for Mansfield Town.
The 23-year-old came through the U’s youth ranks, but left in 2009 after making just one league start.
After a spell at Oxford City, he went to the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain and has since played in Belgium and Italy.
Fisher was most recently playing in Serie C for AC Monza and the move to Field Mill is still subject to international clearance.
He said: “My ambition has always been to come back to England and play at home, so when the opportunity presented itself to come here through a few contacts, I jumped at it.”
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles