Matt Peake-Pijen hit a hat-trick as Oxfordshire Under 16s won 3-1 at Birmingham to be crowned Midland Counties Youth champions.
It saw Oxon complete their programme with a perfect record of four wins from as many games.
Peake-Pijen opened the scoring after just five minutes when he lobbed the onrushing keeper from 15 yards after being put through by captain Jordi Mulvany.
Connor Mellor whistled a shot just over the bar, before Oxfordshire’s Luke Mc-Manus suffered a shoulder injury and took no further part.
Despite this setback, Oxon doubled their advantage in the 36th minute when Peake-Pijen fired home after running on to a superb pass from Jack Tutton.
Birmingham rallied in the second half, and pulled a goal back when winger Shay Palmer scored from close range.
However, Oxon, who introduced under 15s Tremayne Barrett and Lester Davies, secured victory four minutes from time when Peake-Pijen completed his hat-trick by beating two defenders to slot past the onrushing keeper.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent