Matt Peake-Pijen hit a hat-trick as Oxfordshire Under 16s won 3-1 at Birmingham to be crowned Midland Counties Youth champions.
It saw Oxon complete their programme with a perfect record of four wins from as many games.
Peake-Pijen opened the scoring after just five minutes when he lobbed the onrushing keeper from 15 yards after being put through by captain Jordi Mulvany.
Connor Mellor whistled a shot just over the bar, before Oxfordshire’s Luke Mc-Manus suffered a shoulder injury and took no further part.
Despite this setback, Oxon doubled their advantage in the 36th minute when Peake-Pijen fired home after running on to a superb pass from Jack Tutton.
Birmingham rallied in the second half, and pulled a goal back when winger Shay Palmer scored from close range.
However, Oxon, who introduced under 15s Tremayne Barrett and Lester Davies, secured victory four minutes from time when Peake-Pijen completed his hat-trick by beating two defenders to slot past the onrushing keeper.
Latest Sport news
- Gary Caldwell: Flexible Chesterfield are a threat to Oxford United
- From the boardroom column: Oxford United are making waves across the world
- FOOTBAL: Boss praises Lee Henderson as Oxford City tighten up at the back
- FOOTBALL: Much-travelled Declan Benjamin now aims to settle down at Ardley United
- BADMINTON: Young Charlie Driver collects medal treble
- FOOTBALL: Andy Gunn shoots back to North Leigh after being released by Banbury United
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win