Matt Peake-Pijen hit a hat-trick as Oxfordshire Under 16s won 3-1 at Birmingham to be crowned Midland Counties Youth champions.
It saw Oxon complete their programme with a perfect record of four wins from as many games.
Peake-Pijen opened the scoring after just five minutes when he lobbed the onrushing keeper from 15 yards after being put through by captain Jordi Mulvany.
Connor Mellor whistled a shot just over the bar, before Oxfordshire’s Luke Mc-Manus suffered a shoulder injury and took no further part.
Despite this setback, Oxon doubled their advantage in the 36th minute when Peake-Pijen fired home after running on to a superb pass from Jack Tutton.
Birmingham rallied in the second half, and pulled a goal back when winger Shay Palmer scored from close range.
However, Oxon, who introduced under 15s Tremayne Barrett and Lester Davies, secured victory four minutes from time when Peake-Pijen completed his hat-trick by beating two defenders to slot past the onrushing keeper.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League