Matt Peake-Pijen hit a hat-trick as Oxfordshire Under 16s won 3-1 at Birmingham to be crowned Midland Counties Youth champions.
It saw Oxon complete their programme with a perfect record of four wins from as many games.
Peake-Pijen opened the scoring after just five minutes when he lobbed the onrushing keeper from 15 yards after being put through by captain Jordi Mulvany.
Connor Mellor whistled a shot just over the bar, before Oxfordshire’s Luke Mc-Manus suffered a shoulder injury and took no further part.
Despite this setback, Oxon doubled their advantage in the 36th minute when Peake-Pijen fired home after running on to a superb pass from Jack Tutton.
Birmingham rallied in the second half, and pulled a goal back when winger Shay Palmer scored from close range.
However, Oxon, who introduced under 15s Tremayne Barrett and Lester Davies, secured victory four minutes from time when Peake-Pijen completed his hat-trick by beating two defenders to slot past the onrushing keeper.
Latest Sport news
- CRICKET: Sam Mendes stars as Oxfordshire Over 50s B advance
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy