LEADERS Banbury United saw their 100 per cent record ended when they lost 4-3 at home to Frome Town.

Despite a late rally, the Puritans suffered a surprise defeat which sees them drop from first to third in the Evo-Stik South Premier Division.

After Luke Carnell had gone close for the hosts, Frome took the lead in the fourth minute when George Miller drove home from eight yards after a save from home keeper Jack Harding.

Tom Winters had an equaliser ruled out for offside before Frome doubled their lead in the 25th minute when Darren Jefferies rounded Harding to score.

Banbury pulled a goal back in the 37th minute when Tom Bradbury scored after a neat one-two with Conor McDonagh.

Frome regained their two-goal lead three minutes after the break when Jon Davies finished off after a dazzling run from Jake Jackson.

Banbury’s Ravi Shamsi struck a post before Davies made it 4-1 in the 72nd minute.

The Puritans set up an exciting finish when Jefferson Louis and substitute Leam Howards scored headed goals in the last three minutes.

Banbury Utd: Harding, Hawtin, Bradbury, Nash, Johnson, Carnell, Shamsi, Pond (Westbrook 55), Louis, McDonagh (Howards 73), Winters (Peake-Pijnen 55). Subs (not used): Self, Humphreys. Attendance: 453.

After after a slow start, North Leigh kick-started their West Division season with a resounding 5-0 victory at home to Barnstaple Town.

With skipper Ryan Paddock absent along with Sean Wood, the Millers brought in two Oxford United loanees, Graham Bryan and Dejon Noel-Williams.

With Manny Agboola back at Leigh on long term loan from Oxford United and Josh Thomas likewise from Cheltenham Town both defence and midfield look to have a much more solid look.

The hosts took the lead after 25 minutes when a cross from the right was laid back by George Seacole to Eddie Stevens who scored.

The second goal came on after 41 minutes when centre back Will Wellon volleyed home a corner.

Connor Waldon tapped home from Sam Mendes’s cross to make it 3-0 after 62 minutes.

Then Barnstaple’s Niall Heeney fouled Josh Thomas, with North Leigh skipper Michael Hopkins converting the resultant penalty.

Mark Magee tapped home the fifth goal in the 87th minute following a stunning shot by Josh Thomas that thudded against a post and back into play.

North Leigh: Agboola, Keightley, Hopkins, Mendes, James, Wellon, Stevens, Thomas, Seacole (Magee 69), Noel-Williams (Waldon 45), Bryan (Grabe). Subs not used: Carroll, Mattock. Attendance: 59.

Didcot Town suffered a crushing 7-1 defeat Cinderford.

The Railwaymen enjoyed the bulk of possession and territory in the first half, but trailed 4-0 after 30 minutes to goals from Decan Morley-Lyne (2), Lewis Bamford and Sammy Hicks, who rocketed a shot past a shell-shocked keeper Leigh Bedwell.

Didcot pulled back a goal in the 52nd minute, when Louis Joyce scored from the spot after George Reid had been tripped.

However, thoughts of a remarkable recovery were ended when the hosts added further goals through Morley-Lyne, Andrew Lewis and Bamford.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Jeacock (Hayden 46), McNeil, Elkins, Cattell, Learoyd, Humphries (Lamptey 66), McNish, Reid, Pin, Woodley (Joyce 46). Subs not used: Ballard, Parish. Attendance 137.

A last-minute goal from Anaclet Odhiambo rescued a 2-2 draw for Kidlington at home to leaders Taunton Town.

The hosts took the lead after seven minutes when Darius Browne converted an Odhiambo cross.

Taunton equalised in the 22nd minute through Matt Wright’s header.

In the second half, Kidlington keeper Bojan Tetek saved a Ross Slaley penalty, but was then beaten by another Wright header.

Kidlington’s joy at Odhiambo’s late goal was dampened by the sending-off of Ben Willoughby in injury time for a second yellow card.

Kidlington: Tetek, Janes (Quainton 39), Castle, Brown, Wharton (Franklin 85), Gabbidon, Browne (James 63), Martin, A Odhiambo, Willoughby. Subs not used: Coyle, Organ. Attendance: 60.

Two goals from Linton Goss gave Thame United a 3-2 success at Arlesey Town in the East Division, all the goals coming in the first half.

Goss scored after three minutes, before the hosts replied through a brace from Yemi Adelani, the second of which was a penalty awarded for handball.

Goss made it 2-2 before Dan West hit a 39th minute winner.

Thame Utd: Hill, Mepham, Lynn, Hercules (Johnston), Sturgess, Ashworth, Connelly, Goss, Morris, West, Ricketts. Attendance: 69.