BEN Calnan won the men’s singles title in the Wilson Oxfordshire County Closed tournament at North Oxford.
Calnan, from Oxford, beat Tom Dyakowski (Milton under Wychwood) 6-1, 6-4 in the final.
Max Heath (Oxford) and Alice Atkins (Drayton) claimed their respective 18 & under singles and doubles titles.
But they were knocked out of the mixed doubles by winners Ellie Vincent (Blewbury) and John Balshaw (Didcot).
Harrison Ridge (Henley) took the 16 & under boys’ singles. Girls’ winner Taysie Gujral (East End) beat sister Saffy 10-8 in the final set.
Evie Phillips (Faringdon) clinched the under 14 girls’ singles and both doubles.
Connor Ferguson (Drayton) won the 14 & under and 12 & under boys’ singles, plus the boys’ and mixed doubles.
Having won the mixed with Ferguson, Jana Cooper-Marcos (Abingdon) added the 12 & under girls’ singles crown plus the doubles with Eynsham’s Chloe Elliott.
Elliott added the 10 & under singles, with Alex Moyse (Oxford) taking the equivalent boys’ title.
CHOLSEY can take the Oxfordshire Wilson League Ladies’ Division 1 title by beating the top two in their remaining matches.
This is the position after second-placed Oxford Sports held leaders Virgin Active to a 2-2 draw.
Thame drew with Oxford Sports B, but still gained promotion to Men’s Division 1.
Norham Gardens will also go up if they can beat Oxford City in their final match.
Ladies’ Div 1: Banbury 3, Oxford City 1; Cholsey 2, North Oxford 2; Oxford Sports 2, Virgin Active 2; Wantage 0, Wantage B 4. Div 2: Woodstock 3, Portcullis 1. Div 3: Abingdon 2, Woodstock B 2; Maple-durham 1, North Oxford B 3; Witney 3, North Oxford C 1.
Men’s Div 1: Woodstock 4, Cholsey 0. Div 2: Oxford City 4, Woodstock B 0; Thame 2, Oxford Sports B 2. Div 3: Bicester 3, Witney B 1.
Mixed Div 1: North Oxford 4, Woodstock 0.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20