Didcot's Steve Gilbert reached the last 16 of the Bowls England Men’s National Singles Championship before bowing out 21-8 to Louis Ridout (Ilminster, Somerset).
Representing Berkshire, he had beaten Middlesbrough’s Vinne O’Neill 21-14 in the first round, before overcoming Bletchley Town’s Malcolm Drage 21-15 in round two.
Banbury Borough’s Greg Moon was pipped 21-20 by Mel Biggs (Westlecot, Wiltshire) in the second round after opening up with a 21-13 victory over Jamie Walker (Northampton West End, Northumberland).
Oxon’s other representative, Dean May (Headington), went out 21-16 to Romford’s Steve Mitchinson 21-16 in the preliminary round.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Benji Buchel and Tyler Roberts receive international call-ups
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack