Oxford City & County’s Katherine Hawes has been selected for the England Women’s Senior International Trial at Victoria Park, Royal Leamington Spa on Saturday, September 20.
Banbury Central’s Carole Galletly is a travelling reserve.
OXFORDSHIRE Ladies were beaten 113-104 in their final Middle England League match against Cambridgeshire at Irchester BC, near Wellingborough.
Oxon lost on five of the six rinks, but Pat Ostler’s emphatic 30-10 win kept them in touch.
Cambridgeshire 113, Oxfordshire 104 (Cambridgeshire skips first): D Smith 19, S Rogers 12; H Wright 21, C Nall 16; C Ritchie 22, S Gokgor 14; S Alexander 18, J Berry 17; P Ayres 23, W Cross 15; C Hollingsworth 10, P Ostler 30.
THE rearranged Oxfordshire Ladies county pairs, triples and Under 25 singles final take place at Oxford City & County on Sunday.
Under 25 singles (10am): K Glenn v A Stone.
Pairs (10am): M Lewis & G Gilkes v C Galletly & C Campion.
Triples (2pm): D Knight, G Gilkes, K Hawes v S Mayo, M Lewis, J Berry.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton waits to see referee after being sent to the stands in Oxford United's spicy draw with Oldham Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Hall 54), Oldham Athletic 1 (Burgess 10)
- Oxford United v Oldham Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A