Oxford City & County’s Katherine Hawes has been selected for the England Women’s Senior International Trial at Victoria Park, Royal Leamington Spa on Saturday, September 20.
Banbury Central’s Carole Galletly is a travelling reserve.
OXFORDSHIRE Ladies were beaten 113-104 in their final Middle England League match against Cambridgeshire at Irchester BC, near Wellingborough.
Oxon lost on five of the six rinks, but Pat Ostler’s emphatic 30-10 win kept them in touch.
Cambridgeshire 113, Oxfordshire 104 (Cambridgeshire skips first): D Smith 19, S Rogers 12; H Wright 21, C Nall 16; C Ritchie 22, S Gokgor 14; S Alexander 18, J Berry 17; P Ayres 23, W Cross 15; C Hollingsworth 10, P Ostler 30.
THE rearranged Oxfordshire Ladies county pairs, triples and Under 25 singles final take place at Oxford City & County on Sunday.
Under 25 singles (10am): K Glenn v A Stone.
Pairs (10am): M Lewis & G Gilkes v C Galletly & C Campion.
Triples (2pm): D Knight, G Gilkes, K Hawes v S Mayo, M Lewis, J Berry.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA