Twelve months after claiming the Berkshire fours title, Hagbourne have collected another county crown.
This year, the club became Berkshire’s double fours champions.
They achieved their feat with a convincing 43-27 victory over Suttons BC on finals day at Reading.
Hagbourne club captain Paul Ryman’s rink of John Beardsley, Dave Rose and Ron Moore won by 24 shots to nine.
Their other rink, skipped by Middleton Cup player John Heapy, who was supported by Steve Gibson, Harry Marriott and Martin Marriott, scraped home 19-18.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- Port Vale chief drops hint over new signing ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington
- RUGBY UNION: Injured Henry de Berker to miss Oxford University's match against Croatia
- OxVox column: Do you have a football question for the police?