OXFORDSHIRE’S Bradley Smith was left to reflect on how the fates conspired against him as he finished well down the field at Silverstone in yesterday's British GP.
The 23-year-old, from Forest Hill, near Oxford, ended the race in 22nd as Marc Marquez came out on top of a duel with Jorge Lorenzo to claim victory, with Valentino Rossi third.
Smith made a bright start, but then entered the pits on lap 12 due to a cracked rear wheel.
Despite this, the Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider persevered and headed back out on track to once again set competitive times before returning his lowly finish.
He said: “It was a good weekend up until the race and the team did a great job, but these things happen sometimes.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Women hit by double T20 defeat
- CRICKET: Jack Wilkins takes six wickets in Oxfordshire 2nd victory
- CRICKET: Archie Spittles leads the way as Oxfordshire Under 17s storm to win
- CRICKET: Sam Mendes stars as Oxfordshire Over 50s B advance
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley