HANNA Brant believes her experience in the Youth Olympic Games at Nanjing will stand her in good stead for the future.
The Oxford sailor finished 18th of 30 competitiors in China, but remained upbeat.
“It was pretty tough conditions out there and I just wasn’t at my best,” she said.
“But I have really enjoyed the whole Youth Olympic Games experience and I can take so much away from it.
“I have learned so much just being at the venue and going up against the best from around the world and seeing what I can do to improve.”
Brant is now eyeing up the sole female spot at next year’s ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships.
“My next big aim is the ISAF Youth Worlds and this has given me confidence that I can do that,” she added.
“One boy and one girl qualify after a week-long regatta at Easter, but I am really happy with what I did show in Nanjing and can hopefully back that up.”
- The British Olympic Association prepares and leads British athletes at the summer, winter and youth Olympic Games. It works in partnership with sport National Governing Bodies to enhance Olympic success and is responsible for championing the Olympic Values. www.teamgb.com
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's senior men thrilled to finally clinch Chiltern Cross Country League victory