HANNA Brant believes her experience in the Youth Olympic Games at Nanjing will stand her in good stead for the future.
The Oxford sailor finished 18th of 30 competitiors in China, but remained upbeat.
“It was pretty tough conditions out there and I just wasn’t at my best,” she said.
“But I have really enjoyed the whole Youth Olympic Games experience and I can take so much away from it.
“I have learned so much just being at the venue and going up against the best from around the world and seeing what I can do to improve.”
Brant is now eyeing up the sole female spot at next year’s ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships.
“My next big aim is the ISAF Youth Worlds and this has given me confidence that I can do that,” she added.
“One boy and one girl qualify after a week-long regatta at Easter, but I am really happy with what I did show in Nanjing and can hopefully back that up.”
- The British Olympic Association prepares and leads British athletes at the summer, winter and youth Olympic Games. It works in partnership with sport National Governing Bodies to enhance Olympic success and is responsible for championing the Olympic Values. www.teamgb.com
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge