JUNIOR Brown has welcomed Oxford United’s packed fixture schedule as he edges closer towards reaching match fitness.
The 25-year-old had not played a minute of football in pre-season before he signed for the U’s last month.
He is still getting up to speed, but United’s progress in the Capital One Cup means they have Tuesday night games in each of the first four weeks of the season.
While the heavy load may not be ideal for everyone, it has been useful for Brown – who has started all four games so far.
“It’s coming back to me,” he said.
“Without playing games you’re never really going to be 100 per cent fit, but I’m feeling good.
“It’s nearly there, you top it up every day, but this run of games in quick succession, although it’s not wanted by many, has probably been a little bit of a blessing in disguise for me to really help me push on with my fitness.”
United’s next midweek game is at West Brom on Tuesday night.
As of yesterday, the club had sold 1,234 of their 2,800-seat allocation.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor