ALEX Jakubiak will miss Oxford United’s visit to Cheltenham Town next month after a call-up to Scotland’s under 19 squad.
The on-loan striker, who turns 18 next week, is in contention to face Czech Republic under 19s at Greenock on Tuesday, September 2.
It means the Watford youngster will not be available for United’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie at Whaddon Road, which will be played on the same evening.
Scotland also have a behind-closed-doors game two days later, but Jakubiak will return in time to be available for United’s league game at Southend the following Saturday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle