ALEX Jakubiak will miss Oxford United’s visit to Cheltenham Town next month after a call-up to Scotland’s under 19 squad.
The on-loan striker, who turns 18 next week, is in contention to face Czech Republic under 19s at Greenock on Tuesday, September 2.
It means the Watford youngster will not be available for United’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie at Whaddon Road, which will be played on the same evening.
Scotland also have a behind-closed-doors game two days later, but Jakubiak will return in time to be available for United’s league game at Southend the following Saturday.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges