Alexis Canter is through to the final of the Nike Junior Tennis Under 16 Championships at Nottingham.
The No 1 seed, from Abingdon, yesterday beat Luke Stevenson 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) to book his place in today’s final.
Connor Ferguson had a tough draw in the under 12 event at West Hants, but gave second seed Charley Gregory a real scare before eventually going down 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Tom Craig of Sutton Courtenay, completed a great week in the under 14 HSBC Road to Wimbledon tournament, being presented with his runner-up trophy for the consolation final by Oxfordshire’s Tim Henman.
In the British Closed Senior Grass Court Championships at Wimbledon, Oxfordshire hopes rest with Liz Bamber.
The No 3 seed has eased into the semi-final of the over 60s ladies event.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire