Alexis Canter is through to the final of the Nike Junior Tennis Under 16 Championships at Nottingham.
The No 1 seed, from Abingdon, yesterday beat Luke Stevenson 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) to book his place in today’s final.
Connor Ferguson had a tough draw in the under 12 event at West Hants, but gave second seed Charley Gregory a real scare before eventually going down 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Tom Craig of Sutton Courtenay, completed a great week in the under 14 HSBC Road to Wimbledon tournament, being presented with his runner-up trophy for the consolation final by Oxfordshire’s Tim Henman.
In the British Closed Senior Grass Court Championships at Wimbledon, Oxfordshire hopes rest with Liz Bamber.
The No 3 seed has eased into the semi-final of the over 60s ladies event.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten
- GOLF: Burford go top of Oxfordshire Foursomes League