Alexis Canter is through to the final of the Nike Junior Tennis Under 16 Championships at Nottingham.
The No 1 seed, from Abingdon, yesterday beat Luke Stevenson 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) to book his place in today’s final.
Connor Ferguson had a tough draw in the under 12 event at West Hants, but gave second seed Charley Gregory a real scare before eventually going down 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Tom Craig of Sutton Courtenay, completed a great week in the under 14 HSBC Road to Wimbledon tournament, being presented with his runner-up trophy for the consolation final by Oxfordshire’s Tim Henman.
In the British Closed Senior Grass Court Championships at Wimbledon, Oxfordshire hopes rest with Liz Bamber.
The No 3 seed has eased into the semi-final of the over 60s ladies event.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro signs two-year contract at 'outstanding' Oxford United
- GOLF: Lucy Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships