Alexis Canter is through to the final of the Nike Junior Tennis Under 16 Championships at Nottingham.
The No 1 seed, from Abingdon, yesterday beat Luke Stevenson 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) to book his place in today’s final.
Connor Ferguson had a tough draw in the under 12 event at West Hants, but gave second seed Charley Gregory a real scare before eventually going down 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Tom Craig of Sutton Courtenay, completed a great week in the under 14 HSBC Road to Wimbledon tournament, being presented with his runner-up trophy for the consolation final by Oxfordshire’s Tim Henman.
In the British Closed Senior Grass Court Championships at Wimbledon, Oxfordshire hopes rest with Liz Bamber.
The No 3 seed has eased into the semi-final of the over 60s ladies event.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games