Alexis Canter is through to the final of the Nike Junior Tennis Under 16 Championships at Nottingham.
The No 1 seed, from Abingdon, yesterday beat Luke Stevenson 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) to book his place in today’s final.
Connor Ferguson had a tough draw in the under 12 event at West Hants, but gave second seed Charley Gregory a real scare before eventually going down 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
Tom Craig of Sutton Courtenay, completed a great week in the under 14 HSBC Road to Wimbledon tournament, being presented with his runner-up trophy for the consolation final by Oxfordshire’s Tim Henman.
In the British Closed Senior Grass Court Championships at Wimbledon, Oxfordshire hopes rest with Liz Bamber.
The No 3 seed has eased into the semi-final of the over 60s ladies event.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat