SOPHIE Carter stormed to victory by more than four minutes in the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon.
Carter, from Woodstock, was the first lady home and eighth overall in a time of 1hr 20mins 51secs.
Running for first-claim club Belgrave Harriers, she excelled over the hilly course, with Liz Hartney (Thames Valley Harriers) second in 1.24.54.
JENNY McBain retained her Sleaford Striders Summer 10K title in a personal best time.
The vet 35 Alchester athlete clocked 38mins 2secs to take the ladies’ honours in the race at Scredington, Lincolnshire.
McBain finished sixth overall and more than 90 seconds ahead of the second-placed lady.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore beat Wheatley as Oxford and Chipping Norton are also victorious
- DARTS: Oxfordshire chasing promotion
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks suffer blow in bid for third spot