SOPHIE Carter stormed to victory by more than four minutes in the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon.
Carter, from Woodstock, was the first lady home and eighth overall in a time of 1hr 20mins 51secs.
Running for first-claim club Belgrave Harriers, she excelled over the hilly course, with Liz Hartney (Thames Valley Harriers) second in 1.24.54.
JENNY McBain retained her Sleaford Striders Summer 10K title in a personal best time.
The vet 35 Alchester athlete clocked 38mins 2secs to take the ladies’ honours in the race at Scredington, Lincolnshire.
McBain finished sixth overall and more than 90 seconds ahead of the second-placed lady.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United