SOPHIE Carter stormed to victory by more than four minutes in the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon.
Carter, from Woodstock, was the first lady home and eighth overall in a time of 1hr 20mins 51secs.
Running for first-claim club Belgrave Harriers, she excelled over the hilly course, with Liz Hartney (Thames Valley Harriers) second in 1.24.54.
JENNY McBain retained her Sleaford Striders Summer 10K title in a personal best time.
The vet 35 Alchester athlete clocked 38mins 2secs to take the ladies’ honours in the race at Scredington, Lincolnshire.
McBain finished sixth overall and more than 90 seconds ahead of the second-placed lady.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Reaction as Oxford United's Checkatrade Trophy tie is postponed minutes before kick-off
- Oxford United v Bradford City off due to frozen pitch
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Ryan Taylor: Wembley impossible to ignore for Oxford United in Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final
- DARTS: Oxfordshire close in on promotion race with big win over Gwent
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat