SOPHIE Carter stormed to victory by more than four minutes in the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon.
Carter, from Woodstock, was the first lady home and eighth overall in a time of 1hr 20mins 51secs.
Running for first-claim club Belgrave Harriers, she excelled over the hilly course, with Liz Hartney (Thames Valley Harriers) second in 1.24.54.
JENNY McBain retained her Sleaford Striders Summer 10K title in a personal best time.
The vet 35 Alchester athlete clocked 38mins 2secs to take the ladies’ honours in the race at Scredington, Lincolnshire.
McBain finished sixth overall and more than 90 seconds ahead of the second-placed lady.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory