SOPHIE Carter stormed to victory by more than four minutes in the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon.
Carter, from Woodstock, was the first lady home and eighth overall in a time of 1hr 20mins 51secs.
Running for first-claim club Belgrave Harriers, she excelled over the hilly course, with Liz Hartney (Thames Valley Harriers) second in 1.24.54.
JENNY McBain retained her Sleaford Striders Summer 10K title in a personal best time.
The vet 35 Alchester athlete clocked 38mins 2secs to take the ladies’ honours in the race at Scredington, Lincolnshire.
McBain finished sixth overall and more than 90 seconds ahead of the second-placed lady.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales