JOSH McEachran will spend this season playing in the Netherlands after agreeing a loan from Chelsea.
The 21-year-old from Kirtlington has joined Vitesse Arnhem for the entire campaign.
McEachran made his debut for Chelsea as a 17-year-old, but has not played for his parent club since January 2012.
The England under 21 international has since spent time on loan at Swansea City, Middlesbrough, Watford and Wigan.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- CRICKET: Ex-Oxfordshire bowler Jack Brooks delighted to agree new deal with Yorkshire
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Debutant Evie Gane earns Oxford United a point
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh, Wantage Town and Didcot Town in action
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins climb out of relegation zone with battling victory, while Witney beat local rivals Grove
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Casey Canterbury's hat-trick puts Oxford RL though
- RUGBY UNION: George Jackson’s penalty completes Henley Hawks comeback victory
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University Greyhounds beat Bicester to reach Oxfordshire Cup final
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley storm to victory and Littlemore make it fifteen wins in a row
- DARTS: Promotion-chasers Oxfordshire in key battle