Oxfordshire suffered a disastrous collapse in their final three-day game of the season at Nantwich CC yesterday.
Luke Ryan’s side had done well to peg Cheshire back from 130-2 to 190-9, before their day ended on a real low note.
The hosts, who will be Western Division champions if they beat Oxon, enjoyed a final-wicket stand of 57 to post a first innings total of 247.
They then ripped through Oxfordshire’s top order, reducing them to 3-3 and 18-5, before Chad Keegan, who earlier claimed five wickets, and Shabaz Alam saw them to 60-5 at the close.
To add more misery to Oxon’s day, influential batsman Richard Kaufman was unable to bat after feeling ill while fielding.
Today’s play will start at 10.30 to try and make up the time lost to rain yesterday morning.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities