THREE Abingdon Vale youngsters excelled in reaching finals in Sheffield.
Caitlin Wheatley set an Oxfordshire & North Bucks record when coming seventh in the final of the girls’ 200m butterfly.
Harry James reached two finals, coming sixth in the boys’ 200m breaststroke and seventh in the 100m breaststroke.
Niall O’Leary swam to seventh in the boys’ 200m backstroke final.
Also competing were Michael Esnouf, in the 100m and 200m breaststroke, and Ellie Nutt in the 50m breaststroke.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown
- ATHLETICS: James Bolton wins Waddesdon Manor 5km title
- RUGBY UNION: Scrum half Greg Goodfellow backs Richard Thorpe to be big hit at Chinnor
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield in fine form in Johnson’s Buildbase Oxford & District Summer League