Aston Rowant bid to keep their hopes of a dream trip to the Caribbean alive when they take on Reigate Priory in the rearranged Barbados & Smile Group Travel Cup semi-final on Sunday (1pm).
The Club Cricket Conference tie was washed out by torrential rain last Sunday.
But with a favourable forecast this weekend there shouldn’t be any such problems, and Wes Morrick’s side are hoping they’ll have the backing of a big crowd.
The competition winners will represent the Conference in a tournament in Barbados.
Batsman Chris Watling admitted Rowant didn’t know a great deal about their opponents.
“I know they are top of the Surrey Premier League and have some very good players,” he said.
“We have played against some of their players before, like Neil Saker, who used to play for Reading, but at the same time they don’t know much about us.”
Blackheath are at home to Bromley in the other semi-final, with the final at Ealing on Bank Holiday Monday, August 25 (12noon).
Aston Rowant: from Morgan, Watling, Hammond, Cook, J Smith, Matthews, Morrick (capt), Muttitt, Kazmi, Harris, Tolson, Robyns, Leon.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later