Aston Rowant bid to keep their hopes of a dream trip to the Caribbean alive when they take on Reigate Priory in the rearranged Barbados & Smile Group Travel Cup semi-final on Sunday (1pm).
The Club Cricket Conference tie was washed out by torrential rain last Sunday.
But with a favourable forecast this weekend there shouldn’t be any such problems, and Wes Morrick’s side are hoping they’ll have the backing of a big crowd.
The competition winners will represent the Conference in a tournament in Barbados.
Batsman Chris Watling admitted Rowant didn’t know a great deal about their opponents.
“I know they are top of the Surrey Premier League and have some very good players,” he said.
“We have played against some of their players before, like Neil Saker, who used to play for Reading, but at the same time they don’t know much about us.”
Blackheath are at home to Bromley in the other semi-final, with the final at Ealing on Bank Holiday Monday, August 25 (12noon).
Aston Rowant: from Morgan, Watling, Hammond, Cook, J Smith, Matthews, Morrick (capt), Muttitt, Kazmi, Harris, Tolson, Robyns, Leon.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor