Wantage Town boss Gary Ackling wants his side to forget the contentious 2-1 midweek defeat at home to AFC Totton and concentrate on getting a good result at Wimborne tomorrow.
Having lost 3-0 to Taunton last weekend, the Southern League Division 1 South & West side were seconds away from their first point of the season only for officials to award Liam Gilbert a goal, despite the ball appearing not to cross the line.
“On Saturday we were were beaten by a better side,” said Ackling.
“But on Tuesday we were unlucky not to get something from the game.
“Their goal was pretty controversial, but you have to take it on the chin.
“Wimborne is another difficult one, but we’ll give it a go.”
Wantage give a late fitness test to Robin Millward (groin).
Didcot Town joint manager Ian Concannon is looking for a reaction when they travel to Bishops Cleeve, following a 3-1 loss at Stratford.
He said: “We deserved to beat Swindon Supermarine (2-0), but on Tuesday we resorted to playing it long which is not our style.
“We kept it to 1-1 at the break, but we gave away too many silly free kicks and they scored from one and bad decision-making cost us the third goal.
“So we have to try to put it right at Bishops Cleeve.”
Didcot will be without Lance Williams (hamstring), while Ryan Brooks could play a part after a hamstring injury. Luke Abrahart returns.
North Leigh have Michael Hopkins and Wayne Turk back for the trip to Taunton, but Stuart Hole (honeymoon), Andy Gunn (working) and Brian Bowles (away) miss out.
Boss Mark Gee says his side need to be more ruthless in front of goal.
Having beaten Mangotsfield 6-2 in their opener , they drew 1-1 at Sholing on Tuesday.
“On Saturday we had a bit of luck where everything we hit went in,” he said. “But we missed three good opportunities at Sholing. Keiran (Sanders) has missed from two yards, so we need to take our chances.”
Banbury United visit Slough Town in the Premier Division.
Wantage Tn (v Wimborne Tn, away): from Farrow, Kidd, Da Costa, Cattell, Millward, Steedman, Jones, Lachacz, Johns, Barder, Sadler, Melledew, Riccio, Roberts, Deabill, Guy.
Didcot Tn (v Bishops Cleeve, away): from Foster, Heapy, Organ, Baines, Carnell, Learoyd, Elkins, Clark, Mills, Whitehead, Self, S Parish, Bernasconi, McKirnan, A Williams, Abrahart, Brooks.
North Leigh (v Taunton Tn, away): from Bulman, Else, M Woodley, Osborne-Ricketts, Westlake, A Woodley, Williams, Sanders, McNish, Caton, Ingram, Hopkins, Turk, Eadle.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans