OXFORD United have signed teenage striker Alex Jakubiak on loan from Watford until January.
The frontman, who turns 18 later this month, completed the formalities this afternoon after playing in Scotland Under 19s' 2-0 defeat away to Belgium Under 19s last night.
Jakubiak will provide competition up front for United, alongside Carlton Morris, Danny Hylton and James Roberts.
His senior bow came in March in a loan spell at Braintree Town, scoring against Wrexham.
It was his only goal in 11 appearances for the Conference Premier side, nine of which were as a substitute.
Jakubiak returned to Watford and started in their final Championship fixture of the season, a 4-1 home defeat to Huddersfield Town.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United