JOE Barrett maintained his brilliant form with 151 for Shipton-under-Wychwood in their rain-affected Division 2 draw at home to Finchampstead on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who scored his first league century a fortnight ago, dominated Shipton’s innings as they reached 299 all out in 58 overs.
The opener shared a third-wicket stand of 192 with skipper Simon Hole, who contributed 71.
Ollie Armstrong-Wood took 6-65 for the visitors.
Finchampstead enjoyed the free-scoring conditions, with opener Matt Jones hitting an unbeaten 109.
After a short rain interruption, the game resumed, but another shower ended the game with the Berkshire side on 169-3 after 32.5 overs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee