JOE Barrett maintained his brilliant form with 151 for Shipton-under-Wychwood in their rain-affected Division 2 draw at home to Finchampstead on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who scored his first league century a fortnight ago, dominated Shipton’s innings as they reached 299 all out in 58 overs.
The opener shared a third-wicket stand of 192 with skipper Simon Hole, who contributed 71.
Ollie Armstrong-Wood took 6-65 for the visitors.
Finchampstead enjoyed the free-scoring conditions, with opener Matt Jones hitting an unbeaten 109.
After a short rain interruption, the game resumed, but another shower ended the game with the Berkshire side on 169-3 after 32.5 overs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow