JOE Barrett maintained his brilliant form with 151 for Shipton-under-Wychwood in their rain-affected Division 2 draw at home to Finchampstead on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who scored his first league century a fortnight ago, dominated Shipton’s innings as they reached 299 all out in 58 overs.
The opener shared a third-wicket stand of 192 with skipper Simon Hole, who contributed 71.
Ollie Armstrong-Wood took 6-65 for the visitors.
Finchampstead enjoyed the free-scoring conditions, with opener Matt Jones hitting an unbeaten 109.
After a short rain interruption, the game resumed, but another shower ended the game with the Berkshire side on 169-3 after 32.5 overs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory