JOE Barrett maintained his brilliant form with 151 for Shipton-under-Wychwood in their rain-affected Division 2 draw at home to Finchampstead on Saturday.
The 18-year-old, who scored his first league century a fortnight ago, dominated Shipton’s innings as they reached 299 all out in 58 overs.
The opener shared a third-wicket stand of 192 with skipper Simon Hole, who contributed 71.
Ollie Armstrong-Wood took 6-65 for the visitors.
Finchampstead enjoyed the free-scoring conditions, with opener Matt Jones hitting an unbeaten 109.
After a short rain interruption, the game resumed, but another shower ended the game with the Berkshire side on 169-3 after 32.5 overs.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season