OXFORDSHIRE LTA president Liz Bamber justified her No 1 seeding by taking victory at an ITF seniors event in Cognac, France.
Bamber, from Bampton, won the over 60 ladies’ singles crown with a 100 per cent record.
France’s Helene Giraudon was runner-up, despite losing 6-0, 6-1 to Bamber in the round robin tournament.
OXFORDSHIRE’S Harrison Ridge and Lara Frank were runners-up in the Yonex Grade 3 event at Abingdon’s White Horse Leisure and Tennis Centre.
Ridge lost 4-6, 7-6 (5), 10-2 in a match tie-break to Taylan Ozdemir (Wiltshire) in the under 16 boys’ singles final.
Oxon No 1 Frank achieved a career best result to reach the under 12 girls’s singles final where she was beaten 6-0, 6-0 by Berkshire’s Jemma Lancaster.
BANBURY made it five wins from five in Mixed Division 1 of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson League with a 4-0 success at Thame.
Virgin Active won by the same score at North Oxford B to move into third place.
Mixed Division 1: North Oxford B 0, Virgin Active 4; Thame 0, Banbury 4.
Mixed Division 2: Abingdon 3, Witney 1; Wantage 3, Banbury B 1.
Mixed Division 3: Oxford Sports 4, North Oxford C 0.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships