OXFORDSHIRE LTA president Liz Bamber justified her No 1 seeding by taking victory at an ITF seniors event in Cognac, France.
Bamber, from Bampton, won the over 60 ladies’ singles crown with a 100 per cent record.
France’s Helene Giraudon was runner-up, despite losing 6-0, 6-1 to Bamber in the round robin tournament.
OXFORDSHIRE’S Harrison Ridge and Lara Frank were runners-up in the Yonex Grade 3 event at Abingdon’s White Horse Leisure and Tennis Centre.
Ridge lost 4-6, 7-6 (5), 10-2 in a match tie-break to Taylan Ozdemir (Wiltshire) in the under 16 boys’ singles final.
Oxon No 1 Frank achieved a career best result to reach the under 12 girls’s singles final where she was beaten 6-0, 6-0 by Berkshire’s Jemma Lancaster.
BANBURY made it five wins from five in Mixed Division 1 of the Oxfordshire LTA Wilson League with a 4-0 success at Thame.
Virgin Active won by the same score at North Oxford B to move into third place.
Mixed Division 1: North Oxford B 0, Virgin Active 4; Thame 0, Banbury 4.
Mixed Division 2: Abingdon 3, Witney 1; Wantage 3, Banbury B 1.
Mixed Division 3: Oxford Sports 4, North Oxford C 0.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales