SIX Oxfordshire athletes secured podium places in the South of England Under 15/20 Inter County Championships at Hendon.
White Horse Harriers’ Ben Claridge finished second in the under 20 men’s 800m after clocking 1min 55.36secs.
Redford Curtis, from Hardwick, near Bicester, was runner-up in the javelin with a throw of 57.21m.
Radley AC’s Kathryn Woodcock was second in the under 20 ladies’ discus, recording a best effort of 41.77m.
Clubmate Luisa Chanter Edmond was third in the shot putt with 10.84m.
Banbury Harriers’ Helen Dubber took bronze with 11.92secs in the under 15 girls’ 75m hurdles.
Nancie Bowley, from Henley, came third in the 1,500m with a time of 4.45.18.
(senior men unless stated)
PEAKS SKYRACE 48KM
Witney RR: 53 B Lonsdale 7.17.00.
3,000m - race 1: 21 C Parker (Abn, U23L) 10.44.71 pb, 22 C Ridewood (Abn, U15L) 10.50.13.
Latest Sport news
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's senior men thrilled to finally clinch Chiltern Cross Country League victory