Zifena gave Eve Johnson Houghton’s Blewbury stables, near Didcot, a valuable success at Newmarket on Saturday.
The two-year-old filly sprang a 20-1 surprise when collaring hot favourite Enlace by a head in the final strides of the six-furlong nursery under Jim Crowley to capture the first prize of £25,876.
Meanwhile, Wantage trainer Henry Candy landed an across-the-card double with Lady Pimpernel at Newmarket and White Russian at Lingfield.
Lady Pimpernel (7-2) beat Tanseeb by a length and a half in a mile and a quarter handicap, with Fergus Sweeney on board.
And White Russian, ridden by Hayley Turner, held off Ziggy’s Secret by a neck in a seven-furlong handicap.
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory
- BOXING: Joe Gaul and Keenan Dallimore taste success