Zifena gave Eve Johnson Houghton’s Blewbury stables, near Didcot, a valuable success at Newmarket on Saturday.
The two-year-old filly sprang a 20-1 surprise when collaring hot favourite Enlace by a head in the final strides of the six-furlong nursery under Jim Crowley to capture the first prize of £25,876.
Meanwhile, Wantage trainer Henry Candy landed an across-the-card double with Lady Pimpernel at Newmarket and White Russian at Lingfield.
Lady Pimpernel (7-2) beat Tanseeb by a length and a half in a mile and a quarter handicap, with Fergus Sweeney on board.
And White Russian, ridden by Hayley Turner, held off Ziggy’s Secret by a neck in a seven-furlong handicap.
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise