Zifena gave Eve Johnson Houghton’s Blewbury stables, near Didcot, a valuable success at Newmarket on Saturday.
The two-year-old filly sprang a 20-1 surprise when collaring hot favourite Enlace by a head in the final strides of the six-furlong nursery under Jim Crowley to capture the first prize of £25,876.
Meanwhile, Wantage trainer Henry Candy landed an across-the-card double with Lady Pimpernel at Newmarket and White Russian at Lingfield.
Lady Pimpernel (7-2) beat Tanseeb by a length and a half in a mile and a quarter handicap, with Fergus Sweeney on board.
And White Russian, ridden by Hayley Turner, held off Ziggy’s Secret by a neck in a seven-furlong handicap.
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent