Kidlington racer Georgina Polden bounced back with a third and three fourth-place finishes in the latest round of the Aprilia Superteens series at Rockingham in Northamptonshire.
Having crashed on the first lap at Knockhill and suffered electrical problems in Brands Hatch last month, it was a welcome return to form for the Oxfordshire ace.
Qualifying in fourth for race one, but two seconds off the pace, she was looking for a decent start to get a tow of the leaders. However, she could finish only fourth.
Undaunted Polden got off to a flier in the next race and was involved in a great battle with Jordan Boyle until he crashed out, allowing her to take third place on the podium.
The third race proved a disappointment as a bad start meant she finished fourth, though was getting around the track in 1min 37secs.
In race four, the riders dived into the first corner as she took a place in the top five, with the competitors changing positions on nearly every corner.
In the end, Polden had to be content with a fourth-placed finish after a dramatic race to the line.
“Overall this weekend we had a few problems, including the bike’s end bearing going, but we didn’t lose any power,” she said.
“Now we go on to Anglesey in a few weeks with a positive attitude for hopefully some more podiums.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final