OXFORDSHIRE bounced back emphatically to beat Leicestershire & Rutland by eight wickets at Ashby Hastings in ECB Women’s County Championship Division 3.
Having lost six matches out of six the previous week, Oxon were never in danger of extending that sequence to seven.
Leicestershire opted to bat after winning the toss, but only Katie Midwood (23) and Lucy Higham (15) reached double figures as they were all out for 89.
Ellie Noble (3-24), Samantha Moore (3-31) and Ellie Porter (2-6) were Oxon’s most successful bowlers.
Genny Porter, Ellie’s sister, then shone with the bat, hitting 49 not out to steer the visitors to 90-2, with Abi Currie (14no) there at the close.
FREELAND maintained their unbeaten record in the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League with a 59-run home win over Oxford.
The hosts scored rapidly throughout their 16 overs to finish on 113-2, with Rhian Todd unbeaten on 26 and Suzy Halsey on 25.
Oxford looked set with Paula Matthews and Catherine Coxon scoring well, but when they both fell for 15 the momentum subsided in the face of some tight bowling.
Halsey (1-1) and Megan Lovick (1-4) were particularly miserly.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red