OXFORDSHIRE bounced back emphatically to beat Leicestershire & Rutland by eight wickets at Ashby Hastings in ECB Women’s County Championship Division 3.
Having lost six matches out of six the previous week, Oxon were never in danger of extending that sequence to seven.
Leicestershire opted to bat after winning the toss, but only Katie Midwood (23) and Lucy Higham (15) reached double figures as they were all out for 89.
Ellie Noble (3-24), Samantha Moore (3-31) and Ellie Porter (2-6) were Oxon’s most successful bowlers.
Genny Porter, Ellie’s sister, then shone with the bat, hitting 49 not out to steer the visitors to 90-2, with Abi Currie (14no) there at the close.
FREELAND maintained their unbeaten record in the Oxfordshire Midweek Women’s League with a 59-run home win over Oxford.
The hosts scored rapidly throughout their 16 overs to finish on 113-2, with Rhian Todd unbeaten on 26 and Suzy Halsey on 25.
Oxford looked set with Paula Matthews and Catherine Coxon scoring well, but when they both fell for 15 the momentum subsided in the face of some tight bowling.
Halsey (1-1) and Megan Lovick (1-4) were particularly miserly.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- Port Vale chief drops hint over new signing ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington
- RUGBY UNION: Injured Henry de Berker to miss Oxford University's match against Croatia
- OxVox column: Do you have a football question for the police?