FOUR Oxfordshire rowers will compete for Great Britain at next week’s World Junior Championships in Hamburg, Germany.
They join a further eight selected for Britain at the Coupe de la Jeunesse in Libourne, France, which began yesterday.
Witney’s Henry Lambe (Abingdon School) will row in the junior men’s eight in Hamburg where the competition begins on Wednesday.
Britain’s coxed four features Charles Elwes (Radley College), Tom Digby (Abingdon School) and cox Hugo Marsh (St Edward’s School, Oxford).
Elwes is one of just two rowers in Britain’s 30-strong squad to compete in the equivalent event in Trakai, Lithuania last year.
The Coupe de la Jeunesse sees Matilda Martin (Headington School) line up in the junior women’s four.
Her schoolmates, Isabel Lingard, Matilda Martin and Sasha Adwani (cox), compete in the eight.
Another Headington pupil, Isabel Lingard, is a spare.
Britain’s junior men’s four includes St Edward’s School duo Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell, while Harrison Uglow (Leander Club, Henley) rows in the single scull.
Latest Sport news
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge
- FOOTBALL: Heyford Athletic land treble with Banbury Charity Cup win