FOUR Oxfordshire rowers will compete for Great Britain at next week’s World Junior Championships in Hamburg, Germany.
They join a further eight selected for Britain at the Coupe de la Jeunesse in Libourne, France, which began yesterday.
Witney’s Henry Lambe (Abingdon School) will row in the junior men’s eight in Hamburg where the competition begins on Wednesday.
Britain’s coxed four features Charles Elwes (Radley College), Tom Digby (Abingdon School) and cox Hugo Marsh (St Edward’s School, Oxford).
Elwes is one of just two rowers in Britain’s 30-strong squad to compete in the equivalent event in Trakai, Lithuania last year.
The Coupe de la Jeunesse sees Matilda Martin (Headington School) line up in the junior women’s four.
Her schoolmates, Isabel Lingard, Matilda Martin and Sasha Adwani (cox), compete in the eight.
Another Headington pupil, Isabel Lingard, is a spare.
Britain’s junior men’s four includes St Edward’s School duo Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell, while Harrison Uglow (Leander Club, Henley) rows in the single scull.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships