FOUR Oxfordshire rowers will compete for Great Britain at next week’s World Junior Championships in Hamburg, Germany.
They join a further eight selected for Britain at the Coupe de la Jeunesse in Libourne, France, which began yesterday.
Witney’s Henry Lambe (Abingdon School) will row in the junior men’s eight in Hamburg where the competition begins on Wednesday.
Britain’s coxed four features Charles Elwes (Radley College), Tom Digby (Abingdon School) and cox Hugo Marsh (St Edward’s School, Oxford).
Elwes is one of just two rowers in Britain’s 30-strong squad to compete in the equivalent event in Trakai, Lithuania last year.
The Coupe de la Jeunesse sees Matilda Martin (Headington School) line up in the junior women’s four.
Her schoolmates, Isabel Lingard, Matilda Martin and Sasha Adwani (cox), compete in the eight.
Another Headington pupil, Isabel Lingard, is a spare.
Britain’s junior men’s four includes St Edward’s School duo Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell, while Harrison Uglow (Leander Club, Henley) rows in the single scull.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback