FOUR Oxfordshire rowers will compete for Great Britain at next week’s World Junior Championships in Hamburg, Germany.
They join a further eight selected for Britain at the Coupe de la Jeunesse in Libourne, France, which began yesterday.
Witney’s Henry Lambe (Abingdon School) will row in the junior men’s eight in Hamburg where the competition begins on Wednesday.
Britain’s coxed four features Charles Elwes (Radley College), Tom Digby (Abingdon School) and cox Hugo Marsh (St Edward’s School, Oxford).
Elwes is one of just two rowers in Britain’s 30-strong squad to compete in the equivalent event in Trakai, Lithuania last year.
The Coupe de la Jeunesse sees Matilda Martin (Headington School) line up in the junior women’s four.
Her schoolmates, Isabel Lingard, Matilda Martin and Sasha Adwani (cox), compete in the eight.
Another Headington pupil, Isabel Lingard, is a spare.
Britain’s junior men’s four includes St Edward’s School duo Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell, while Harrison Uglow (Leander Club, Henley) rows in the single scull.
Latest Sport news
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders