FOUR Oxfordshire rowers will compete for Great Britain at next week’s World Junior Championships in Hamburg, Germany.
They join a further eight selected for Britain at the Coupe de la Jeunesse in Libourne, France, which began yesterday.
Witney’s Henry Lambe (Abingdon School) will row in the junior men’s eight in Hamburg where the competition begins on Wednesday.
Britain’s coxed four features Charles Elwes (Radley College), Tom Digby (Abingdon School) and cox Hugo Marsh (St Edward’s School, Oxford).
Elwes is one of just two rowers in Britain’s 30-strong squad to compete in the equivalent event in Trakai, Lithuania last year.
The Coupe de la Jeunesse sees Matilda Martin (Headington School) line up in the junior women’s four.
Her schoolmates, Isabel Lingard, Matilda Martin and Sasha Adwani (cox), compete in the eight.
Another Headington pupil, Isabel Lingard, is a spare.
Britain’s junior men’s four includes St Edward’s School duo Sam Gillingham and Albert Mitchell, while Harrison Uglow (Leander Club, Henley) rows in the single scull.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)
- Oxford United v Exeter City - LIVE
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Exeter?
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire