Oxfordshire's Academy side were taught a tough lesson as they lost to the Club Cricket Conference by seven wickets in a one-day friendly match at Bicester & North Oxford yesterday.
Choosing to bat first on a slow pitch, carefree Oxon went for their strokes and slumped to 64-6 after just 16 of their 50-over allocation.
They were rescued by two bowlers – Great & Little Tew skipper Andy Harris (61) and Aston Rowant’s Adam Muttitt (41) – who put on 104 for the seventh wicket.
They helped Oxon to reach 219-9.
The Conference side made light of this target, replying with 224-3 in 45.2 overs.
The East Molesey duo of Nick Stevens (68no) and Andrew Westphal (66) dominated the home attack, in which the best figures came from Chris Leaney (2-35).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points