Oxfordshire's Academy side were taught a tough lesson as they lost to the Club Cricket Conference by seven wickets in a one-day friendly match at Bicester & North Oxford yesterday.
Choosing to bat first on a slow pitch, carefree Oxon went for their strokes and slumped to 64-6 after just 16 of their 50-over allocation.
They were rescued by two bowlers – Great & Little Tew skipper Andy Harris (61) and Aston Rowant’s Adam Muttitt (41) – who put on 104 for the seventh wicket.
They helped Oxon to reach 219-9.
The Conference side made light of this target, replying with 224-3 in 45.2 overs.
The East Molesey duo of Nick Stevens (68no) and Andrew Westphal (66) dominated the home attack, in which the best figures came from Chris Leaney (2-35).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights