Oxfordshire's Academy side were taught a tough lesson as they lost to the Club Cricket Conference by seven wickets in a one-day friendly match at Bicester & North Oxford yesterday.
Choosing to bat first on a slow pitch, carefree Oxon went for their strokes and slumped to 64-6 after just 16 of their 50-over allocation.
They were rescued by two bowlers – Great & Little Tew skipper Andy Harris (61) and Aston Rowant’s Adam Muttitt (41) – who put on 104 for the seventh wicket.
They helped Oxon to reach 219-9.
The Conference side made light of this target, replying with 224-3 in 45.2 overs.
The East Molesey duo of Nick Stevens (68no) and Andrew Westphal (66) dominated the home attack, in which the best figures came from Chris Leaney (2-35).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise