Oxfordshire's Academy side were taught a tough lesson as they lost to the Club Cricket Conference by seven wickets in a one-day friendly match at Bicester & North Oxford yesterday.
Choosing to bat first on a slow pitch, carefree Oxon went for their strokes and slumped to 64-6 after just 16 of their 50-over allocation.
They were rescued by two bowlers – Great & Little Tew skipper Andy Harris (61) and Aston Rowant’s Adam Muttitt (41) – who put on 104 for the seventh wicket.
They helped Oxon to reach 219-9.
The Conference side made light of this target, replying with 224-3 in 45.2 overs.
The East Molesey duo of Nick Stevens (68no) and Andrew Westphal (66) dominated the home attack, in which the best figures came from Chris Leaney (2-35).
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City boss Mark Jones makes three new signings
- RUGBY UNION: National League 2 South promotion hopefuls Chinnor must 'knuckle down and focus' on Clifton clash, says Matt Williams