FREDDIE Curtis missed out on a place in the javelin final at the IAAF World Junior Championships in Eugene, Oregon, USA.
The 19-year-old, from Hardwick near Bicester, was unable to produce a legal throw in qualifying.
Curtis was selected for the Great Britain and Northern Ireland team after throwing a personal best distance of 71.83m earlier this month.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704.
Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hope Dan Crowley signing is start of lasting loan link with Arsenal
- Michael Appleton pleased with Oxford United's fitness levels after summer break
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon prove class above rivals to secure 10 of 11 county titles
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong at the double as Oxford United hold leaders
- MARTIAL ARTS: Vale Taekwon-Do club so close to glory in Cardiff
- GOLF: Late slump gives Eddie Pepperell a nervous wait to make cut in Paris
- ANGLING: Doug Foreshew claims top prize in Kidlington's Dave Britnell Cup
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford land huge medal haul
- YOUTH CRICKET: Turner leads from the front in Oxfordshire victory
- MOTORSPORT: Austria race will suit us, said Williams driver Valtteri Bottas