Kidlington's Georgina Polden suffered more misery in round six of the Motul Motostar Championship at Brands Hatch.
Last time out, at Knockhill, she crashed on the first lap, but this time electrical problems were her undoing.
Qualifying in 18th, she set 1min 39secs in the warm-up, so was confident of a top-ten finish.
After moving two places up the grid, she led a small pack , only to drop back to 19th after a loss of power.
As she pushed harder the same problem arose.
After a pitstop which failed to cure the problem, she re-emerged only for the race to ended by a red flag.
Latest Sport news
- Jake Wright: It was a strange feeling facing Oxford United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We let them off the hook, says Michael Appleton after Oxford United defeat
- Kane Hemmings hoping to have reason to celebrate next time he scores
- We won't make excuses, says Chey Dunkley as Oxford United beaten by Sheffield United
- MOTOGP: Bradley Smith ruled out of Silverstone GP
- FOOTBALL: Struggling Oxford City are beaten by Chelmsford City and slip into bottom three
- CRICKET: Great & Little Tew seal Division 1 safety despite rain-affected defeat
- CRICKET: Captain Will Eason hails Horspath after Division 2 title triumph
- FOOTBALL: In-form Jamie Cook scores a brace as North Leigh impress in victory