Kidlington's Georgina Polden suffered more misery in round six of the Motul Motostar Championship at Brands Hatch.
Last time out, at Knockhill, she crashed on the first lap, but this time electrical problems were her undoing.
Qualifying in 18th, she set 1min 39secs in the warm-up, so was confident of a top-ten finish.
After moving two places up the grid, she led a small pack , only to drop back to 19th after a loss of power.
As she pushed harder the same problem arose.
After a pitstop which failed to cure the problem, she re-emerged only for the race to ended by a red flag.
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles