CITY of Oxford’s Chris Wood won 12 gold medals in the club’s July Open Gala at Temple Cowley.
The home club’s swimmers were in dominant form, winning 125 gold medals across all age groups.
Competing in the boys’ 15 years and over age category, Wood won the 50m, 100m, 200m and 400m freestyle, 50m, 100m and 200m breaststroke, 50m and 100m butterfly, 100m and 200m individual medley and 50m backstroke.
In the girls’ events, Delphine Little won eight golds in the 11/12 years age category.
These came in the 100 and 200m freestyle, 200 and 400m individual medley, 50m and 200m butterfly, 200m backstroke and 100m breaststroke.
City’s other gold medallists
9 years old: E Mclean (5), A Fulga (1), G Goodgame (2).
10 years old: M Smit (6), L Mills (2), S Sillah (3), J Gibbs (3).
11-12 years old: R O'Reilly (3), L Jervis (2), C de Vita (4).
13-14 years old: A Clarke (2), E Chen (3), J Burrell (3), H Beel (4), J Ramsay (5).
15 years & over: K Mills (7), I Brewster (4), J Bailey (1), S Treuherz (2), H Saunders (1), R Motha (1).
9 years old: O Conway (4), M Cadle (1).
10 years old: C Littleton (5), L Bryan (2), F Cooke (3).
11-12 years old: T Cooke (8), E Sharp (4), J McNally (1), J Adams (1).
13-14 years old: J Oliver (6), R Bird (3), L Pearce (2), J Austen (1), J McLean (2).
Latest Sport news
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: I'm so excited about big challenge ahead of new MotoGP season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton backs young guns to reach the top if they keep learning
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield stun Masons in Oxford League
- MOTOR RACING: Lance Stroll stays calm ahead of his Formula debut in Melbourne
- RUGBY UNION: Round-up of the Oxfordshire Under 14 and 15 finals
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez secures second at Banbury 15
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final