Horspath captain Will Eason says it would be remarkable achievement if they can secure promotion from Serious Cricket Home Counties Premier League Division 2.
Eason’s second-placed side visit Cove tomorrow with a 33-point cushion in the battle for a top-two spot.
While he is delighted with the form that has seen Horspath win six of their 11 matches, Eason stressed there was still a long way to go.
“Teams are still beating each other,” he said. “We will just carry on as we are doing.
“If we can get to the limited overs games in a promotion position, that’s something we will look to carry on.
“It would be amazing to go up. We are playing some really good cricket.
“The pleasing thing is that we have used 17 or 18 players and people have put their hands up with big performances like Mohson Rana last Saturday.”
Patrick Foster and Jehan Mohammed replace Graham Beer and Adam Krol.
Andy Hemming and George Seacole come in for Tim Senior and Calvin Dickinson in Shipton-under-Wychwood’s side to host leaders Reading.
Hemming will keep wicket in his maiden first-team game of the season and boost Shipton’s batting, with captain Simon Hole describing his return as a “big bonus”.
Hole added: “We got rained off at Reading earlier in the season, so we don’t know a lot about them.
“They have got two good spinners and an Indian overseas player who scores a lot of runs.
“But I would back us to beat them if we play to our potential.”
Teenage spinner Joe Thomas makes his first-team debut for Great & Little Tew in their match at Falkland.
Thomas comes in for Robbie Shurmer, while Matt Clark and Jordan Garrett replace Matt Woods and Markus Jeacock.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton