Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Josh Ashby to stay at Oxford City for season after Oxford United agree extension
- Oxford United sell a third of their tickets before FA Cup opponents are confirmed
- Silly errors cost us dear, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- MOTORSPORT: Felipe Massa returns to Williams as Valtteri Bottas completes Mercedes switch
- Oxford United fans' chat
- We studied them all week, but failed to deliver, says Oxford United skipper John Lundstram after AFC Wimbledon defeat
- Neal Ardley disappointed AFC Wimbledon did not score more
- Rob Hall gutted his early Oxford United goal counts for nothing
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s strike lifts Banbury United to edge of play-offs
- FOOTBALL: Frustrated Oxford City are caught three times as they fail to put Concord Rangers away