Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Transfer deadline day - rolling blog
- Oxford United hoping to bring in two on deadline day but Marvin Johnson move "highly unlikely"
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's Checkatrade Trophy win against Exeter City
- Oxford United youngsters expected to make loan moves to non-league after deadline day
- Small Checkatrade Trophy gate at Oxford United cannot take gloss off Tyler Roberts's first professional goal
- AUNT SALLY: Jon Townsend clangs off 15 dolls as Swan stay top
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell seal Airey Cup glory and stay on track for treble
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs and Abingdon promoted from Cherwell League Division 2
- FOOTBALL: Martin Wilkinson quits as Kidlington manager
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)