Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans