Two Wallingford RC crews won bronzes medals in the British Junior Championships at Nottingham.
The club’s squad of 11 crews not only won two medals, but also contested numerous A finals.
The first medal was brought home by the J15 double scull combination of Will Manginon and Max Thompson, coached by Tom Polkey.
Not to be outdone, Wallingford’s girls’ open double scull of Katie Metalli and Alice Walker also claimed a bronze medal, capping a great season for this pairing, whose target was to land a national medal.
City of Oxford’s youngsters sealed a good event for Oxfordshire with two silver medals in the women’s junior and junior 15 doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire