ALCHESTER had a prize bonanza at the Waddesdon Manor Summer 5K.
Led home by vet 40 men’s winner Richard Gould, who came tenth, they also claimed four ladies’ trophies.
Gould clocked 17mins 27secs, while Jenny McBain (19.06) was the second lady in 26th.
McBain was only beaten by Sophie Carter, from Woodstock – the Belgrave Harriers athlete recording 17.59 for 15th.
Alchester’s Claire Court (21.56) was the first vet 35 lady home, while Samantha Usher took the vet 40 honours in 20.15.
Lilla Somogyi (22.29) completed the line up as Alchester were crowned ladies’ team champions.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Holder Preben Krabben makes it to ODDA play-offs
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten