ALCHESTER had a prize bonanza at the Waddesdon Manor Summer 5K.
Led home by vet 40 men’s winner Richard Gould, who came tenth, they also claimed four ladies’ trophies.
Gould clocked 17mins 27secs, while Jenny McBain (19.06) was the second lady in 26th.
McBain was only beaten by Sophie Carter, from Woodstock – the Belgrave Harriers athlete recording 17.59 for 15th.
Alchester’s Claire Court (21.56) was the first vet 35 lady home, while Samantha Usher took the vet 40 honours in 20.15.
Lilla Somogyi (22.29) completed the line up as Alchester were crowned ladies’ team champions.
Latest Sport news
- Kemar Roofe back in training with Oxford United to test ankle injury ahead of season finale
- David Rush backs Oxford United to hold nerve and replicate class of '96
- Mike Ford urges Oxford United not to hand any incentive to rivals
- BAR BILLIARDS: Marlborough Club land Oxford League Section 2 title
- BOWLS: Holders Headington cruise into Oxfordshire League Cup quarter-finals
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell hits the road in Morocco
- WEIGHLIFTING: Oxpower trio lift medals
- GYMNASTICS: Woodstock youngsters win gold in UK regional competition
- NETBALL:Didcot's Helen Grindey is honoured
- ATHLETICS: Les Newell claims victory as Oxford City dominate Mota-vation Series opener