Oxford Saints got back to winning ways with a 39-16 home victory over Sandwell Steelers in the National Central Division.
Having lost three games on the bounce, Saints produced a fine display.
They opened the scoring when Michael Oluwole smashed his way through for a five-yard touchdown.
But the visitors hit straight back with a score of their own, Jonathan Hayes touching down, with the extra points putting them 8-6 ahead at the end of the first quarter.
Saints started the second period strongly, Harry Carr charging over from a yard and Spencer Duffy adding the extra point.
When James Walter touc-hed down soon after, Oxford had built up a 19-8 half-time advantage.
Sandwell came out all guns blazing looking, but found themselves further behind when a breakaway run from Carr saw him make it 25-8.
Harry Brookmyre all but wrapped up victory with a touchdown in the final quarter, Ali Galbraith scoring the extra two points with a speedy run to the outside.
Dwain Haughton’s impressive 68-yard touchdown run gave the visitors a consolation score, Benjamin Bray adding the two extra points.
But Saints were to have the final word.
James Sharples delivered a precision pass to Walter, who scored his second touchdown of the game with a spectacular leap.
Saints know they will need to be at the top of their game for the next fixture, a trip to leaders Peterborough Saxons on Sunday.
Latest Sport news
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers