North Leigh have boosted their Southern League campaign by signing former Bolton Wanderers and Aberdeen striker Michael Bird.
Bird, 30, started his career at the north west club before an impressive trial took him to Scottish Premier League side Dons on a free transfer.
After two appearances for the Dons, he had spells at Glenavon in Northern Ireland, Northwich Victoria, Witton Albion, Caernarfon Town and Warrington Town.
Bird was coaching at Blackpool’s centre of excellence before a job change took him south.
Millers’ boss Mark Gee has also recuited former Swindon keeper Matt Bulman, ex-Southampton youngster Callum McNish, and Conor Ingram, who was released by Oxford United where he was a second-year trainee.
Bulman, 27, is a highly experienced keeper who also had spells at Salisbury City, Forest Green Rovers, Swindon Supermarine and Cirencester before switching to Oxford City last season.
McNish, 22, started his career at the Saints, before joining Exeter City.
He signed for Braintree Town and had a spell at Basingstoke Town before switching to City.
Left-sided defender Matt Woodley, the younger brother of U’s forward Aaron, has re-joined Didcot Town where he spent some of last season.
Most of last season’s squad have re-signed for the new campaign, namely Brian Bowles, Jon Else, Scott Gee, Andy Gunn, Stuart Hole, Michael Hopkins, Elliott Osborne-Ricketts, Kieran Sanders, Wayne Turk, Zak Westlake and Morgan Williams.
Latest Sport news
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand
- YOUTH FOOTBALLChima Iwuchukwu's penalty steers Kennington to cup final glory in Oxford Mail Youth League
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City are beaten but North Leigh triumph
- Oxford United 2 (Hemmings 42, Maguire 75), Bolton Wanderers 4 (Morais 4, Beevers 22, Dunkley og 60, Vela 90+4)
- UPDATES - Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers
- Rob Hall's fired up to deliver for Oxford United against former club Bolton Wanderers