Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back
- Oxford United to face Bradford City in last eight of Checkatrade Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights