Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback