Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships