Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands