Windrush BC’s light bantamweight Nathan Hall, 15, had a work experience week he will never forget after he trained at the famous Ingle Gym in Sheffield.
The chance came when the Witney gym contacted Brendan Ingle, who runs the gym with his son Dominic.
Herol ‘Bomber’ Graham, Ryan Rhodes, Johnny Nelson, Prince Naseem Hamed, Junior Witter and Kell Brook are all synonymous with the gym.
And Brook, Hall’s welterweight hero, was training at the same time as the youngster while he was put through his paces.
Hall, who attends Burford School, was lucky enough to run with Brook as preparation his IBF fight against Shawn Porter on August 16.
“I can’t explain the experience other than to say it was awesome,” said Hall.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points