OXFORDSHIRE Academy could not build on a promising first day against their Buckinghamshire counterparts who battled back to draw at Aston Rowant.
Having been dismissed for 193, Oxon had Bucks 55-7 at the close on day one.
But the visitors recovered to 126 all out before Oxon could make only 140 in their second innings.
Chasing 208 for victory, Bucks closed on 145-6.
Ashley Hubbert top-scored with 34 in Oxon’s 193 before Great & Little Tew clubmate Andy Harris’s 4-8 helped skittle Bucks.
The Tew influence continued with Curtly Slatter (37) and Joe White (32) making runs in Oxon’s 140.
Rowant’s Chris Leaney took 3-28 in Bucks’ second innings.
Scores: Oxon Academy 193 (A Hubbert 34, S Helm 3-47, D Evans 3-52) & 140 (C Slatter 37, J White 32), Bucks Academy 126 (J Beesley 46no, A Harris 4-8) & 145-6 (A Hammond 69, C Leaney 3-28).
Latest Sport news
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- Stars bring in Wilson after Ealey-Newmans depart
- ICE HOCKEY: Player diary - Joe Edwards thanks Oxford City Stars' fans
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic