BERNARD TOLLETT OXFORDSHIRE CUP
HOLDERS Horspath stayed on course to retain the trophy with a tense four-wicket home win over Oxford in their rearranged semi-final.
Needing six runs off the last over to overhaul Oxford’s 140-6, Horspath got home with four byes from Mark Beer’s fourth delivery.
Kit Cutter (26) and Matt O’Connor (20) put on 53 for the first wicket, before Dean Conradie hit 25 off 18 balls.
Earlier, Stewart Laudat (43) and Beer, with an unbeaten 39 off 20 deliveries, had shone after Oxford won the toss and elected to bat.
Now Horspath face Shipton-under-Wychwood in the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14.
Scores: Oxford 140-6 (20 ovs, S Laudat 43, M Beer 39no), Horspath 142-6 (19.4 ovs).
Latest Sport news
- Update: Former Oxford United teammates make glowing tribute to 'leader' Paul McCarthy
- Chris Maguire urges Oxford United to use agonising FA Cup defeat as play-off spur
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton disappointed by soft goals conceded at Middlesbrough
- John Lundstram humbled by massive Oxford United following at Riverside Stadium
- Aitor Karanka relieved after Middlesbrough edge past Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Lee Henderson heads Oxford City to victory over Hemel Hempstead Town
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town earn draw and Kidlington win, but North Leigh and Wantage Town suffer defeats
- FOOTBALL: George Nash earns Banbury United a point, but draw hampers play-off bid
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 18-19