BERNARD TOLLETT OXFORDSHIRE CUP
HOLDERS Horspath stayed on course to retain the trophy with a tense four-wicket home win over Oxford in their rearranged semi-final.
Needing six runs off the last over to overhaul Oxford’s 140-6, Horspath got home with four byes from Mark Beer’s fourth delivery.
Kit Cutter (26) and Matt O’Connor (20) put on 53 for the first wicket, before Dean Conradie hit 25 off 18 balls.
Earlier, Stewart Laudat (43) and Beer, with an unbeaten 39 off 20 deliveries, had shone after Oxford won the toss and elected to bat.
Now Horspath face Shipton-under-Wychwood in the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14.
Scores: Oxford 140-6 (20 ovs, S Laudat 43, M Beer 39no), Horspath 142-6 (19.4 ovs).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley