BERNARD TOLLETT OXFORDSHIRE CUP
HOLDERS Horspath stayed on course to retain the trophy with a tense four-wicket home win over Oxford in their rearranged semi-final.
Needing six runs off the last over to overhaul Oxford’s 140-6, Horspath got home with four byes from Mark Beer’s fourth delivery.
Kit Cutter (26) and Matt O’Connor (20) put on 53 for the first wicket, before Dean Conradie hit 25 off 18 balls.
Earlier, Stewart Laudat (43) and Beer, with an unbeaten 39 off 20 deliveries, had shone after Oxford won the toss and elected to bat.
Now Horspath face Shipton-under-Wychwood in the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14.
Scores: Oxford 140-6 (20 ovs, S Laudat 43, M Beer 39no), Horspath 142-6 (19.4 ovs).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A exact revenge to reach KO final
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury set up girls side for the first time
- BOWLS: Orren Benfield and David Leighfield land Oxfordshire Under 25 pairs title
- Dealing with Firoz Kassam has been a weakness of mine, admits Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales
- Oxford United strategy is based on one player sale a summer, says Darryl Eales