BERNARD TOLLETT OXFORDSHIRE CUP
HOLDERS Horspath stayed on course to retain the trophy with a tense four-wicket home win over Oxford in their rearranged semi-final.
Needing six runs off the last over to overhaul Oxford’s 140-6, Horspath got home with four byes from Mark Beer’s fourth delivery.
Kit Cutter (26) and Matt O’Connor (20) put on 53 for the first wicket, before Dean Conradie hit 25 off 18 balls.
Earlier, Stewart Laudat (43) and Beer, with an unbeaten 39 off 20 deliveries, had shone after Oxford won the toss and elected to bat.
Now Horspath face Shipton-under-Wychwood in the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14.
Scores: Oxford 140-6 (20 ovs, S Laudat 43, M Beer 39no), Horspath 142-6 (19.4 ovs).
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford's record run over as Cambridge edge thriller
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches