BERNARD TOLLETT OXFORDSHIRE CUP
HOLDERS Horspath stayed on course to retain the trophy with a tense four-wicket home win over Oxford in their rearranged semi-final.
Needing six runs off the last over to overhaul Oxford’s 140-6, Horspath got home with four byes from Mark Beer’s fourth delivery.
Kit Cutter (26) and Matt O’Connor (20) put on 53 for the first wicket, before Dean Conradie hit 25 off 18 balls.
Earlier, Stewart Laudat (43) and Beer, with an unbeaten 39 off 20 deliveries, had shone after Oxford won the toss and elected to bat.
Now Horspath face Shipton-under-Wychwood in the final at Witney Mills on Sunday, September 14.
Scores: Oxford 140-6 (20 ovs, S Laudat 43, M Beer 39no), Horspath 142-6 (19.4 ovs).
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season
- MOTORCYCLING: Bradley Smith wary of knee injury in practice for Australian MotoGP