OXFORDSHIRE captain Jon Maskens believes he has his strongest team available ahead of next week’s Aegon Summer County Cup Group 5 campaign.
After back-to-back promotions, Oxon are hoping to keep their winning run going when they take to the court at West Worthing.
Although it is the highest level Oxfordshire have played at for more than ten years, Maskens is confident they can more than hold their own.
“I feel good about this year’s competition,” Maskens said.
“It will be tough as we are in as high a group as Oxfordshire’s men have reached for the last decade.
“But our team is as strong as it could possibly be – we’re only missing Tim Henman!”
Oxfordshire start against Sussex on Monday, and then take on Herefordshire & Worcestershire, Dorset, Durham & Cleveland and Buckinghamshire.
Maskens added: “The other teams will be tough so realistically we will be aiming to finish middle of our group.”
Oxfordshire squad: J Maskens (captain), J Cartledge, T Greenland, H Brown, B Calnan, S Ray, J Dawson.
- EMMA Tolson is looking to ensure Oxfordshire ladies consolidate after last year’s promotion when they play in Group 6 at Ilkley, West Yorkshire.
Oxon climbed out of the bottom division 12 months ago, and Tolson is keen that they continue to build.
“We would love to be challenging for promotion, of course, but being realistic, it’s important we stay in the division,” she said.
“It will obviously be tougher and the pressure’s on a bit, but we have a good mix, with some experience and some juniors.
“We are hopeful of doing well.”
Oxfordshire, who hand promising junior Aoife Miller a first appearance, take on Cambridgeshire, followed by Cornwall and Suffolk.
The eight-team group splits into two sections of four for the final two days.
Oxfordshire squad: E Tolson, A Simmons, P Vallima, S Marriott, A Atkins, A Miller, A Katsoulis, K Schutterlin.
- NORTH Oxford LTC host Men’s Group 4 action all week.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton