Oxonian's Malcolm Rose pipped Mid Oxon’s Eamon Deeley in a thrilling finish to the Beeline League Cycle Time Trial, hosted by Oxford City RC.
An outward bound headwind made it hard work to the turn on the Witney bypass course.
But it was Rose, who adapted best to come home first in 21mins 17secs, just a second ahead of Deeley, with Oxonian’s Gavin Tilson third in 21.38.
Oxonian’s Aimee Fenwick led home the women in an impressive 24.31.
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must forget FA Cup and make most of game in hand at Charlton Athletic
- Michael Appleton: We must be 'clever' to solve Oxford United's selection jigsaw
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- RUGBY UNION: Second-half show guides leaders Chinnor to vital victory as Henley Hawks also triumph
- HOCKEY: Lucy Stewart’s super double secures comeback victory for Oxford Hawks
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins complete double over Banbury, while Witney and Grove also taste victory
- DARTS: Peachcroft make their class tell to sink Kings Arms in Oxford League
- MOTORSPORT: Paul Di Resta retained as Williams official reserve driver for 2017 season
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester run riot, Wallingford win, but Gosford All Blacks suffer defeat
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL survive late Coventry Bears revival to reach quarter-finals of league cup