Oxfordshire Ladies suffered an agonising 33-32 defeat by Hampshire in the Walker Cup national double rink regional semi-final at Sutton, Surrey.
Pat Ostler’s four of Margaret Morris, Sylvia Rogers, Angie Ives chalked up a 24-16 win over Hampshire skip Allyson Flint.
But Jeanette Berry’s rink of Margaret Bullock, Brenda Havard and Carole Galletly were beaten 17-8 by skip Brenda Plumpton.
Hampshire 33, Oxfordshire 32
(Hampshire rinks first)
Rink 1: L Russell, L Johnson, R Corney, B Plumpton 17, M Bullock, B Havard, C Galletly, J Berry 8.
Rink 2: J Arnaud, H Marks, M Holden, A Flint 16, M Morris, S Rogers, A Ives, P Ostler 24.
- Oxfordshire Ladies beat Berkshire 122-110 in a friendly at Shrivenham.
Oxfordshire 122, Berkshire 110 (Oxon skips first): P Ostler 24, J Evans 13; C Penson 25, J Holmes 19; C Morgan 5, S Harrison 34; J Berry 24, W Smart 10; S Rogers 15, G Chamberlain 24; D Jacob 29, H Simpson 10.
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore beat Wheatley as Oxford and Chipping Norton are also victorious