Oxfordshire Ladies suffered an agonising 33-32 defeat by Hampshire in the Walker Cup national double rink regional semi-final at Sutton, Surrey.
Pat Ostler’s four of Margaret Morris, Sylvia Rogers, Angie Ives chalked up a 24-16 win over Hampshire skip Allyson Flint.
But Jeanette Berry’s rink of Margaret Bullock, Brenda Havard and Carole Galletly were beaten 17-8 by skip Brenda Plumpton.
Hampshire 33, Oxfordshire 32
(Hampshire rinks first)
Rink 1: L Russell, L Johnson, R Corney, B Plumpton 17, M Bullock, B Havard, C Galletly, J Berry 8.
Rink 2: J Arnaud, H Marks, M Holden, A Flint 16, M Morris, S Rogers, A Ives, P Ostler 24.
- Oxfordshire Ladies beat Berkshire 122-110 in a friendly at Shrivenham.
Oxfordshire 122, Berkshire 110 (Oxon skips first): P Ostler 24, J Evans 13; C Penson 25, J Holmes 19; C Morgan 5, S Harrison 34; J Berry 24, W Smart 10; S Rogers 15, G Chamberlain 24; D Jacob 29, H Simpson 10.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four