Oxfordshire Ladies suffered an agonising 33-32 defeat by Hampshire in the Walker Cup national double rink regional semi-final at Sutton, Surrey.
Pat Ostler’s four of Margaret Morris, Sylvia Rogers, Angie Ives chalked up a 24-16 win over Hampshire skip Allyson Flint.
But Jeanette Berry’s rink of Margaret Bullock, Brenda Havard and Carole Galletly were beaten 17-8 by skip Brenda Plumpton.
Hampshire 33, Oxfordshire 32
(Hampshire rinks first)
Rink 1: L Russell, L Johnson, R Corney, B Plumpton 17, M Bullock, B Havard, C Galletly, J Berry 8.
Rink 2: J Arnaud, H Marks, M Holden, A Flint 16, M Morris, S Rogers, A Ives, P Ostler 24.
- Oxfordshire Ladies beat Berkshire 122-110 in a friendly at Shrivenham.
Oxfordshire 122, Berkshire 110 (Oxon skips first): P Ostler 24, J Evans 13; C Penson 25, J Holmes 19; C Morgan 5, S Harrison 34; J Berry 24, W Smart 10; S Rogers 15, G Chamberlain 24; D Jacob 29, H Simpson 10.
- Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth